Cook Time: 45
I remixed this Pasta Alla Norma with vegetables. You should try this.
- 1/2 box of Penne
- 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 Eggplant
- 1 pound of bacon
- 1 teaspoon of thinly sliced garlic
- 1 cup of thinly sliced onions
- 1 cup of Peeled , Sliced carrots
- 1 cup of Butternut Squash , peeled , Halved and diced
- 1 cup of peeled thinly sliced yellow squash
- 1 cup of thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 cup of peeled , halved and sliced parsnips
- 1 cup of Red Bell Pepper , Halved , Seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 cup of Yellow Bell pepper , Halved , Seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 cups of marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of mascarpone cheese
- Grated Parmesan Cheese for serving
- Crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese for serving
1. Cook the penne according to the package instructions , Drained and rinse well.
2. Heat the oil in a small pan. While the oil is heating , Halved and chopped the eggplants.
3. Add the half of the eggplants in the pan neatly so make sure it doesn't crowd them. Cook the eggplants until its golden brown , then turn the eggplants and continue to cook until its golden brown. Remove from heat and cool completely until its ready to serve.
3. Cut into matchsticks to the remaining eggplants.
4. Heat a large pot over high heat , Add the bacon and cook until its crispy , Use you tongs to turn. When it turn crispy, Drain the bacon over a pice of paper towel and let it cool completely until its ready to serve.
5. Add the garlic and the onions to the pot that you cook your bacon with and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Add the rest of the vegetables (Including the eggplants that you cut into matchsticks) and cook until tender about 10 minutes, add the water , Marinara sauce , basil , thyme , salt , pepper and the mascarpone cheese and stir.
7. Bring to a boil over high heat then lower the heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes until it thickens.
8. When the marinara sauce simmers for 30 minutes , add the cool penne to the marinara sauce and continue cooking.
9. Remove from the heat , serve into Bowls , Garnish with Seared Eggplant , Bacon Pieces , Parmesan Cheese and Gorgonzola Cheese and Serve