Makes 6 servings.
== Ingredients ==
2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup salsa, divided
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
7 (8 inch) flour tortillas
2 cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese (or Monterey JJack)
1 cup salsa
1/2 cup sour cream
== Directions ==
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, mash pinto beans. Stir in 3/4 cup
salsa and garlic.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together 1/4 cup salsa, cilantro, black beans and tomatoes.
4. Place 1 tortilla in a pie plate or tart dish. Spread 3/4 cup pinto bean mixture over tortilla to within 1/2
inch of edge. Top with 1/4 cup cheese, and cover with
another tortilla. Spread with 2/3 cup black bean mixture, and top with 1/4 cup cheese. Repeat layering twice. Cover
with remaining tortilla, and spread with remaining pinto
bean mixture and cheese.
5. Cover with foil, and bake in preheated oven for about
40 minutes. Cut into wedges, and serve with salsa and sour cream.