Cook Time: 1 hour
Yields: 2 servings
Authored By: Polly Pitchford, Full Spectrum Health™
- 1 x 8-ounce-package tempeh, thawed if frozen
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1¾ cup water
- ¼ cup tamari
- 2-3 nickel size slices of ginger root
- 3tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 shallots, minced
- 1 ounce dry marsala wine
- 1 cup plain soy milk
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- squeeze of lemon
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Cut the tempeh into ½" cubes.
- Place in a saucepan along with the water, tamari, garlic and ginger slices.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a saute pan over medium heat.
- Add tempeh and fry until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- In the same saute pan, heat oil over medium heat and add garlic and shallots, stirring continuously until the shallots are soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and salt and saute until mushrooms are soft, about 4 minutes more.
- Add marsala and the remaining tablespoon oil.
- Meanwhile, dissolve arrowroot in soy milk.
- Slowly add the soy milk to the marsala mixture, stirring constantly, and cook over low heat until thickened.
- Place tempeh cubes onto plates and spoon sauce over tempeh.