Nuts and seeds have been part of human diets since before the start of agriculture and are valuable as part of a healthy diet. Nuts were even included in what astronauts took with them to the moon. Earth dwellers can also take mixed nuts with them in a backpack for example.
People may live longer through eating nuts regularly.    Nuts generally contain healthy unsaturated fat. (Coconuts are an exception and contain too much saturated fat). Nuts can add protein, complex carbohydrate, together with other useful vitamins, minerals and fibre to any diet but the protein is especially useful in a vegetarian or vegan diet. Nuts make you feel satisfied so you're lesstempted to eat other fattening food.
- ↑ Nuts to you: new study finds regularly eating nuts seems to extend life span.
- ↑ Nuts May Lengthen Your Life, Study Suggests
- ↑ Nuts May Lengthen Your Life, Study Suggests Page 2
- ↑ Ancient Foods That Are Still Nutritional Gems Today
- ↑ 8 Foods Every Vegetarian Should Eat
- ↑ Healthy Choices Nuts and Seeds This has useful information about different types of nuts and how each can improve health.
- Nuts This website includes meat recipes.