Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yields: 4 servings
A hearty, elegant, and seemingly meaty main dish.
- 5 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 7 cloves of garlic, finelychopped
- 15 crimini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 7 large red chard leafs, roughly chopped
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 packet of veggie gravy
- 1/4 tablespoon of chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Boil water in a large pot and add potatoes. Cover and continue to boil until potatoes are soft.
2. In a large saucepan, heat 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Add 3 cloves of chopped garlic, the slice onion and salt. Cook over low heat for 3 minutes.
3. Add the mushrooms, chard, chili powder, salt and pepper to the pan. Increase the heat to medium low. Add 1/2 cup of water and cover pan. Cook for 15 minutes, then uncover and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until chard is fully cooked.
4. Drain potatoes and add the remaining garlic and olive oil. Begin to mash the potatoes over low heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Make gravy according to package.
6. Plate the mashed potatoes and top with the veggies and gravy. Time to eat!