Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yields: 4 serving
A perfect creamy polenta, made hearty by sauteed asparagus.
- 4 cups water, more if needed
- 4 cups milk, more if needed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups polenta
- ½ cup creme fraiche
- ⅓ cup parmigiano-reggiano
- 1 pound asparagus
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, milk and butter to a boil.
- Add 2 teaspoons of salt to the water and whisk in the polenta.
- Whisk constantly for 3 to 4 minutes to prevent lumps.
- Simmer for 45 minutes, partially covered and stirring every 10 minutes, until the polenta is thick, smooth, and creamy.
- Add the creme fraiche, Parmesan and season to taste.
- Trim asparagus.
- In a large saute pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic, zest, pepper and salt, after a minute add asparagus.
- Stir occasionally and cook until asparagus is tender, about seven minutes.
- Remove from heat and place on the creamy polenta.
- Top with shaved Parmesan cheese.