Prep Time: Less Than 10 Minutes
Cook time: Less Than 10 Minutes
Enjoy an American style grilled cheese sandwich, ready in 6 minutes.
- 2 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided (Warning! This is rather a lot of fat for just one side dish. Also butter contains unhealthy amounts of saturated fat. If you eat food cooked to this sort of recipe too often you risk the type of health problems meat eaters get.)
- 2 slices American cheese (According to Wikipedia American cheese has a low melting point, I'm not sure if other cheeses work outside North America.)
- Heat a small skillet to medium high heat.
- Spread a thin layer of butter on one side of both bread slices; place one slice bread, buttered-side-down, in hot skillet.
- Immediately place both cheese slices on bread and cover with second bread slice, butter-side-up.
- When first side is browned, turn over and brown other side.
- Remove from heat and let cool 2 to 3 minutes before serving.